Friday, November 02, 2007

Metallic Pencil Rub...


I saw this technique on Kim Wilson's blog. The flower image was stamped using Basic Black ink, onto Shimmery White Cardstock. I love that CS! It adds such a subltle, elegant look to any project. In this case, after stamping the flower, I used the Metallic Art Pencils to add some color. Just a little blue to the outline of the petals...then some green to the center and dots on the petals. Now for the fun part! I used a piece of paper towel to rub over the colored areas. This blended the color, slightly and gave it a soft glow. I layered this panel onto a Basic Black layer. The card base is one of my favorite colors of Stampin Up's CS...Night Quite Navy. The greeting is one of my favorites, too. I would send this to a man or a woman...it's not too frilly.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Be notified by email when I update the Blog: Email Subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Gotta have it?

Email your order to me @ stampwithellen@aol.com Place an order, anytime.

Followers

NeoCounter


Boatloads of Love

Boatloads of Love