Sunday, October 07, 2007

Three is plenty

 


This is the Christmas card I created using the Pick a Petal set I mentioned in my previous post.
~Gable Green Card base 6 x 6 folded in half, to create a 3 x 6 fininshed card. My favorite!
~Stamped the Trimtastic set for the top border and the Merry Christmas in Green Galore ink
~Stamped petals of "poinsettia" with black ink on Real Red CS...cut out with scissors this time.
~used same "petal" stamp and black ink on Garden Green CS to imitate the foliage of the poinsettia.

Useless Trivia:
The red leaves and the green leaves of a poinsetta are the same, just a different color. There is probably a name for this, but I'm not much of a gardener heehee...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! I love how elegant, but simple it is. Great card! And I'm not much of a gardener either, but I am a word-nerd - they're called bracts :)

Be notified by email when I update the Blog: Email Subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Gotta have it?

Email your order to me @ stampwithellen@aol.com Place an order, anytime.

Followers

NeoCounter


Blog Archive

Boatloads of Love

Boatloads of Love